Global Initiative of Academic Networks (GIAN)
The Union Cabinet has approved a new program titled Global Initiative of Academic Networks (GIAN) in Higher Education aimed at tapping the talent pool of scientists and entrepreneurs, internationally to encourage their engagement with the institutes of Higher Education in India so as to augment the country's existing academic resources, accelerate the pace of quality reform, and elevate India's scientific and technological capacity to global excellence.
MHRD Scheme on International Summer/ Winter Term (ISWT) under GIAN:
Objective: To arrange Guest Lectures by international renowned experts.
Long and Short Term Goals:
- To increase the footfalls of reputed international faculty in the Indian academic institutes.
- Provide opportunity to our faculty to learn and share knowledge and teaching skills in cutting edge areas.
- To provide opportunity to our students to seek knowledge and experience from reputed International faculty.
- To create avenue for possible collaborative research with the international faculty
- To increase participation and presence of international students in the academic Institutes.
- Opportunity for the students of different Institutes/Universities to interact and learn subjects in niche areas through collaborative learning process.
- Provide opportunity for the technical persons from Indian Industry to improve understandings and update their knowledge in relevant areas.
- Motivate the best international experts in the world to work on problems related to India.
- Develop high quality course material in niche areas, both through video and print that can be used by a larger body of students and teachers.
- To document and develop new pedagogic methods in emerging topics of national and international interest.
Further details of this GIAN program can be accessed at: http://www.gian.iitkgp.ac.in
CEP Programme Under GIAN
View all »
Bank Details for FEE payment
|Name of the Beneficiary:
||IITD CEP Account
|Name of Bank:
||State Bank of India
||IIT, Hauz Khas, Delhi-110016
|Beneficiary A/C No.:
|Bank MICR Code:
|Bank IFS Code: